Please join us this Sunday for a fun-filled day as we celebrate America’s 241th birthday. Families love this outdoor event and this year we are extending our games for children and adults including face painting and coloring, bouncing castle, fun games and contests.
We also welcome back the popular Vietnam National Circus with acts that will amaze people of all ages – including the largest snake you’ve ever seen! Doors open at 4:00pm, activities and games start at 4:15pm, and the event will last long into the evening. Rain or shine, the fun goes on as planned at this event.
Music fans will be treated to live music by the Hi-Jinks Band, the BM Angels Band, Vietnam Idol Minh Quan, and some smooth grooves from Camelia Lounge’s DJ. We also have some great prizes for the winners of our 8th annual watermelon eating contest, so be sure to participate and show-off those eating skills you have been working hard at perfecting!
Get the camera on your smartphone ready because the US Embassy Marine Security Guard Detachment will be Marching the Colors and Harley-Davidsonsuper bikes will be on-site for your perfect photos.
Independence Day picnics are well-known for their BBQ and other American foods. Come hungry and enjoy our “Taste of America” featuring USA favorites cooked-up by the InterContinental, Melia, Hilton and KFC. We also have traditional Banh Mi, Vietnamese food provided by Bay Buffet, sandwiches and salads from Healthwich, finger foods from Nest by AIA, grilled cheese sandwiches and cheese cake from Wanna Waffle, tasty cookies from Mondelez, and loads of awesome ice cream from New Zealand Natural. You can quench your thirst with Pepsi and Coca Cola soft-drinks, detox juices by Aliat, coffee from Hien Anh Group, and ice cold American Budweiser! At this picnic, you won’t be wasting time and money waiting in line for food/drink vouchers because everything is included in your ticket. Enjoy what you want!
Guests also automatically have a chance to win in our famous lucky-draw. This year, we have almost 150 prizes to give away to lucky guests including airline tickets, meals at Hanoi’s nicest restaurants, spa packages, gift certificates for golf and shopping, hotel and resort stays, language school scholarships, cruises in Halong Bay, fitness memberships, health check-up packages, clothing boutiques, jewelry, and much more. We just call out your entrance wristband number and you win the prize. It’s that easy and it’s FREE!
This is a great event for people of all ages, so bring your friends, family and business associates to the best outdoor party of the year in Hanoi. The AmCham team hopes to see you at The American Club on August 13.
- Fun games and activities for the entire family, including face painting, sack race, hoop relay, tug-o-war, cup and bucket game, coloring for kids, glow sticks and more.
- Enjoy a “Taste of the USA” including hot dogs, corn-on-the-cob, fresh salads, grilled cheese, a variety of tasty sandwiches, fried chicken, patriotic cupcakes, cheesecake bites, all kinds of ice cream, watermelon, cream puffs, and more!
- Win wonderful prizes at our famous lucky draw—for FREE. AmCham will be giving away over 150 fantastic prizes including gift vouchers for spa treatments, cruises in Halong Bay, airline tickets, gourmet meals, hotel and resort stays, golf packages, fitness memberships, English-language scholarships, health check-up packages, clothing boutiques, jewelry, and much more. Everyone has an equal and free chance at winning!
- Enjoy three live bands, an interactive dance performance, and a special DJ.
- Compete in our fun 8th annual watermelon eating contest and win great prizes!
- Quench your thirst with ice cold Budweiser, Pepsi & Coke products, Coffee, Juice & more.
- Be thrilled by the popular Vietnam National Circus, including the biggest snake in Hanoi.
- Watch the U.S. Marines perform the Marching of the Colors and take photos with them.
- Hop on a Harley superbike for a cool photo.
- Bring the family, escape the stress of work, and spend time enjoying this fun picnic.