Welcome to the website of Coupe De Hue Gran Fondo 2019.
The Coupe De Hue Gran Fondo is the most challenging cycle event in Vietnam, being held for the second time in 2019, this year with Special guest, Tour de France Winner 2011 and former World Champion Cadel Evans. The event aim’s to raise the awareness of cycling as a sport in Vietnam and ultimately to promote and enhance tourism in Hue city. Constructed to be Vietnam’s toughest road race event boasting over 3,100m of climbs throughout 165km over the 2 day weekend. We have prepared an exciting, new and unique cycling event intended to promote cycling in Vietnam whilst putting the great city of Huế on the map. This event is fully supported by Vietnam’s national Cycling Federation and it is the first Union Cycliste Internationale (UCI) registered Gran Fondo Sportive event in Vietnam in 2019 on their Cycling for All Calendar and only one of a limited number on the list in Southeast Asia.
Get yourselves ready for a truly challenging event that will bring only 1 winner as this is the battle of the fittest!
This weekend of cycling will consist of two stages, the first being the Bach Ma KOM Challenge, a challenging 16 Kilometres (10 mile) climb from start to finish. Test your metal to the top of this 1400m mountain, with stunning views to be had when ascending through the jungle.
NOTE : Kit Bag Pick Up (KBPU) location and Event Waiver:
Phu Van Lau Pavilion Park – Le Duan Road, Hue City
Friday, September 20th, 2019
- Phu Van Lau Pavilion Park, pick up time: 2:00pm – 10:00pm
- Angsana Lăng Cô, pick up time: 10:00am – 8pm
Saturday, September 21st, 2019
- Phu Van Lau, pick up time: 10:00am – 8:00pm
- Bach Ma, pick up time: 5:30am – 6:30am
- Please bring 200.000 VNĐ refundable deposit for Timing Chip (Equipment to calculate competition time). The deposit will be refunded after the rider returns the equipment to the organizers at the end of the race. The Return Equipment place will be located at the finish route.
- Participants must pick up KBPU in person and sign waiver.
- If you are unable to visit the KBPU location to sign event waiver, please send an email for the organizer at least 24 hours prior to the race.
- Please bring the confirming email (accept Qr-code ticket), and your passport/id card
Please check all items in the KIT bag before leaving the KBPU. After the pickup time has expired, it will not be possible to exchange items or attend to any issues.