Open for registration. Deadline for Early Bird: 12/11/2021
The Future of Work Mini Course, in partnership with Fulbright University Vietnam, will leverage Fulbright’s teaching and learning pedagogy. We prioritize active learning through direct communication with speakers, collaboration among peers, and critical thinking. And by processing and synthesizing a breadth of topics relevant to changing labor markets and Vietnam’s economic development.
- Explore new ideas and concepts that can inform their perspective on the future of work.
- Reflect on their current organization’s readiness for the future and synthesize new strategies to improve outputs.
- Connect with a diverse cohort of learners to understand practical contexts and applications of new ideas, innovations, or improvements towards “future-proofing” their employer and employees.
Who can attend:
- All individuals who are interested in advancing what the future of work looks like in their organization and beyond.
- Up to 25 participants/ module
Timeline & Modules:
1. Contextualizing the Future of Work by Vincent Pham, Career & Partnership Development Manager, Fulbright University Vietnam
Date & Time: Saturday, 20/11, 9:00AM - 11:00AM
- To begin developing a conceptual understanding of the future of work
- To be equipped with relevant research and resources to inform their perspective, and allow for additional exploration
- To understand the pedagogical framework of how instructors will generally structure their courses
- Vincent has worked towards creating and providing equitable access to high-quality education and opportunities for a diverse set of students so they can have transformative learning experiences, much like he experienced in university days.
- Vincent graduated from the University of California, San Diego with a degree in Political Science, of which content he does not use but skills he does #liberalarts. He enjoys going for runs, moderate amounts of caffeine and a good podcast.
- Prior to his role in Career Development, Vincent was a founding member of our Admissions and Financial team, where he served for nearly 3 years. Vincent first came to Vietnam in 2016 on a Fulbright English Teaching Assistant Scholarship.
2. Company Culture by Abhishek Mathur, Vice-President & Chief People Officer, VNG Vietnam
Date & Time: Saturday, 27/11, 9:00AM - 12:00PM
- To understand your own organizational cultures, the future of work and how to make a successful shift
- To stay ahead of changing requirements by development a hybrid working model and culture of trust and flexibility
- To get leadership buy-in, involve employees to co-design and start taking actions.
- As a VP of HR, Abhishek is responsible for driving the People agenda at VNG Corporation. His focus will be to not only bring an impact of human capital to enable business growth and renewal but also lead the efforts in creating a culture that motivates all and attracts the best talent in the industry. He is passionate about Leadership, Talent and Organization.
- Over his career, Abhishek has served as a senior human resources leader with various organizations like Mercer HR Consulting, GE Capital and Johnson & Johnson across India, Poland, Vietnam, Australia and Singapore. He has nearly 20 years of leadership experience with focus on talent development, change management, culture and organisation building and coaching.
- His passion lies in developing the current and future leaders within an organisation who would like to identify and realize their full potential.
3. Employee Experience by Ai Lien Tran, Chief Human Resources Officer, AIA Vietnam
Date & Time: Saturday, 04/12, 9:00AM - 12:00PM
- To have a holistic view on employee experience in the digital transformation world: what matters?
- To learn key elements and top employee needs and experience factors of employee experience.
- For Vietnamese workforces: what would take us to build and uplift the satisfaction of our employees in the bounce-back?
Lien is in charge of managing activities relating to talent development, culture and working environment at AIA Vietnam, with the objective of making AIA Vietnam one of the best places to work. Accordingly, she is responsible for recruitment, training, talent development and staff welfare at AIA Vietnam. With more than 15 years of experience in senior management across various fields, she has built an aspirational and creative working culture for AIA Vietnam. She holds a Master degree in Commerce and Human Resource Management from Swinburne University of Technology, Melbourne, Australia.
4. Leadership by Warren Eng, Founder & CEO, Leaders Create Leaders
Date & Time: Saturday, 11/12, 9:00AM - 12:00PM
- To explore the 4Ps framework for leadership in the future of work: People, Performance, Process & Purpose
- To learn from the past from Industrial Revolution to be ready for the Digital Transformation future
- How leaders can create a psychologically safe and brave space for teams to innovate and embrace change
- To anchor our team on Purpose: Why we do what we do. What we can be certain about, amongst uncertainties
Warren is an experienced, professional trainer and he has been conducting training programs for various international organizations in Vietnam and other Asian countries. He is highly appreciated by participants in terms of being a friendly, dedicated, enthusiastic, dynamic facilitator and coach. He always creates a lively learning atmosphere for participants in his training/coaching courses. Warren has delivered hundreds of business and management workshops to multinational companies with a proven track record.
5. Upskilling & Reskilling by Thai Van Linh, Founder & CEO of TVL Group
Date & Time: Saturday, 18/12, 9:00AM - 12:00PM
- To cultivate a continuous learning team culture by utilizing technology to optimize efficiency and improve productively.
- To adopt a mindset of “I don’t know what I don’t know”, and create a personal learning strategy to discover those blindspots.
- To learn starts from within - self-practices to help generate motivation, clarity of vision and positivity.
- Thai Van Linh has more than 20 years of experience in finance, marketing, and operations. She is the Founder and CEO of TVL Group, a consulting company focused on skills-gap training and development, as well as branding and marketing services.
- She has worked at internet startups, investment funds, and large corporations.
Each module will include:
1. Welcome & Ice Breaker (~15 min)
This is an opportunity to briefly introduce the practitioner and why he/she decided to engage in this course. In addition, we want our students to get to know each other better, given engagement will be increased if students have better rapport.
2. Instructor-led Content (~45 min)
This is an opportunity for the instructor to provide their understanding and approach on their topic.
3. Student-led Discussion (~75 min)
Students will be assigned light material to be read / watched / listened to prior to your module. The material will either be curated by the instructor, Dreamplex and Fulbright, or a combination of both. Depending on assigned material, students will go into breakout rooms to discuss their takeaways and then develop a mini-presentation on what they have learned.
4. Q&A & Closing (~45 min)
Students joining the course are as keen to meet with our instructors as they are to discuss the topic. The “Q&A & Closing” serves as an opportunity to do general questions from students for the instructor and about the topic.
How to register:
Fee Information (Nonrefundable):
- Full course (5 modules): 5,000,000 VND
- 1 module: 1,000,000 VND
- Early bird package: 3,500,000 VND/ 5 modules for those who register before 12/11/2021
- Special offer for Dreamplex's members and Fulbright's employees & students: 50% off for any package above. Please contact Ms. Phuong to get the promotion code.
- For companies, please contact us directly for special offers for enterprises.
If you have any concerns or problems with registration, please contact Ms. Phuong - 0844349996.
Strategic Partners: AIA Vietnam, VNG, Leaders Create Leaders, TVL Group
Media Partners: MoveUp, Tribee, Grove HR
Dreamplex creates “A Better Day at Work” that perfectly meets the needs of fast-growing companies that understand that their young employees expect more from their workplace. Well-designed private, branded offices, 5-star hospitality-level care, and an engaging program of social activities, training & development, and wellbeing initiatives help those companies attract, engage, and retain Millennial and Gen Z talent in Vietnam. Dreamplex has 5 locations across Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City. In 2021 and 2022, Dreamplex will be adding three new locations including The UnOffice projects in District 2 and The Campus in district 4, and one more in Ham Nghi.
Fulbright University Vietnam
Fulbright University Vietnam is Vietnam’s first independent, not-for-profit, liberal arts university. We are an expanding international team of educational innovators, with deep roots in Vietnam, strong political and financial backing, and connections to educational institutions around the world.
We believe in the power of collaboration, transdisciplinary thinking, and risk-taking, and we understand that effective education requires putting students at its center. Globally integrated but deeply embedded in Vietnamese society, Fulbright is dedicated to providing world-class education, utilizing the latest advancements in institutional design, teaching, learning, technology, and other fields to create an institution that is both innovative and globally relevant. Importantly, Fulbright is committed to serving Vietnamese society through rigorous research and responsible civic engagement.