[Glints - GEC International Workshop] Data Storytelling: Make Your Data Presentation Enjoyable
*You will be guided step-by-step on how to craft an insightful data Visualization in Tableau. Therefore, make sure you already downloaded Tableau before the class started, for a better learning experience.
The majority of the sensory processing humans do is visual, and it is blazing fast too: about 13 milliseconds is what the brain takes to process an image (empiricaldata.org). The brain also devotes 30 to 60 per cent of its energy to visual processing. This is why exploiting our visual perception attributes is powerful. Data visualizations make big and small data easier for the human brain to understand by allowing it to detect patterns, trends, and outliers in groups of data. It is an essential skill for anyone who does analytics, in order to reach a common understanding of the data and boost conversations that leads to a business decision. In this class, you will learn to about the importance of data visualization, the best practices, and deep dive into Tableau to create an insightful data presentation. You will learn directly from the expert, Immanuel Ambhara (Head of Data, Gojek).
The Class will be divided into two sessions, which are:
PART I: Tell Compelling Stories with Data Visualization (20 October 2020, 19:00 - 20:30)
- Participants know the importance of data visualization for business and organization
- Participants know the basic of data preparation and processing (create, cleanse, categorizing and simplify raw data
- Participants know the basic principles in visualizing data (gestalt psychology)
- Participants can learn from the best cases of data visualization
PART II: Craft Insightful Data Visualizations in Tableau (28 October 2020, 19:00 - 21:00)
- Participants can implement step by step process to Data Visualization in Tableau
- Participants understand when and how to use the right charts for specific kinds of data and problems
- Participants know how to analyze and draw conclusions from data efficiently using Tableau
- Participants know how to put narratives in presenting data with Tableau
This class is suggested for:
- Junior – Intermediate Data Professionals
- Business Intelligent
- Data Analyst
- Business Analyst
- Market Analyst
- Data Visualization Enthusiast
About Glints Expert Class
Glints Expert Class is a program by Glints to facilitate young professionals who are curious and eager to amplify their skill set. This event will be held live via Zoom (Zoom link can be accessed on e-voucher after payment successful).